Today I am thankful for:
- Sweet trusting eyes staring into mine.
- That precious sound of ‘Momma, Momma’ for the first time.
- Tiny fingers that hold tight to mine.
- Chubby arms wrapped around my neck squeezing for all their might.
- The feeling of sticky fingers holding onto mine.
- Seeing pure delight rush into my baby’s face upon glimpsing mine.
- Hearing squeals of laughter.
- The simple declaration of, “I love you Mommy.”
- Slobbery kisses and hugs that leave your clothing slightly less clean.
- Snuggles, tickles, story time and sing-songs.
- Bedtime routines. Middle of the night feedings.
Oh what joy – what pure blessed joy. To have the love of a child. What awe-inspiring knowledge that you have been entrusted with the care of a sweet, innocent little one. Can there be a greater gift in life? Continue reading These are a few of my favourite things